A woodturning lathe
is arguably the most important piece of kit for any woodturner. Given that a lathe is also one of the largest investments within the workshop, it stands to reason that you're going to want to do your research before you purchase. To help you to that end, The ToolPost
(http://www.toolpost.co.uk/index.html) introduces you to the top 5 reasons to choose a lathe from the respected and renowned Belgian manufacturer WivaMac.
1) Precision engineering Nowadays, most
lathes come from China and the fact is that, in many cases, the engineering fails to meet the exacting standards of most woodturners. The WivaMac stands head and shoulders above most lathes that hail from Asia thanks to Belgian precision engineering. In fact, the engineering seen in the manufacture of WivaMac lathes far outstrips the engineering standards seen in the manufacturing of
woodturning tools from almost any source.
2) Robustly built This precision engineering has
not created a lightweight lathe rendered unable to demonstrate its impressive capabilities, however. The WivaMac is a pleasingly robust lathe which can both support and develop the ambitions of the most enthusiastic
3) Multiple drive options The WivaMac DB series features four models of woodturning lathe, with each of the four boasting a generous 260 mm (10.23") centre height over the bed (520 mm/20.47" diameter over-bed capacity) as well a number of different drive options.
These permutations of drive configurations mean that in total there are fifteen models of lathes available to the discerning turner.
4) 'Systems' approach With a WivaMac lathe, you are not restricted
to undertaking onlybowl and spindle work but can also indulge in copy turning, ornamental turning, thread cutting and more, all on one machine, thanks to a 'systems' approach to woodturning. This is one of the only
lathes on the market which boasts this fantastic turning flexibility, including a range of bed options and extensions which can more than double the between-centres capacity of these lathes.
5) Finally, the value. Last, but by no means least, is the price, which is surprisingly affordable for the outstanding quality of this woodturning lathe
and represents outstanding value to the user. For a comprehensive list of prices for all of the WivaMac options, as well as further product details on these superlative tools, go to The ToolPost website at http://www.toolpost.co.uk/index.html